Visit the DogBlogStore!
- Adam Lang on Dog of the Day: Preview Service Puppy
- Anh on Dog of the Day: Preview Service Puppy
- Darrick Austin on Dog of the Day: Pug in a Purple Octopus Costume
- Dog of the Day: Pug in a Purple Octopus Costume | The Dogs of San Francisco on Double Dog Thanks-Gav-ing Day: Jemma and Minka the Bernese Mountain Dogs
- Dog of the Day: Dexter the 10-Week-Old Labrador Retriever/Australian Cattle Dog Mix Puppy | The Dogs of San Francisco on Dog of the Day: Oh My God I Have No Idea But I Want One
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: May 2010
I ran into this guy in a park the other day: Sparticus Minimus, aka ‘Spartie’. He struck me as a great dog: a mix of two typically nervous and barky breeds (Chihuahua and Italian greyhound), he was gregarious and playful, … Continue reading
Due to the muzzle shape, I would have said that this was a Pomeranian mix; however, the woman on the other end of the leash was quite adamant that it was a full Pom. Well, fair enough, she probably had … Continue reading
Another sheepy-pup from down undah! They’re a very popular breed in San Francisco, since they act more like a big dog and weigh more like a medium-small dog. They’re a dangerous breed, though. Not because they bite or anything, but … Continue reading
I know I just posted a Rottweiler recently, but I’ve seen this guy a few times and never got a good picture of him before, so I just had to post him now that I’ve gotten a few. His owner … Continue reading
Another – how shall I put this? – goofy-looking guy. The woman walking him was so proud of him, I didn’t want to laugh. Or make jokes. It would have been so mean. Another two goofy pictures, after the break.
A rarity: three pics of this guy on the front page. Because you just can’t get the full effect without seeing all three pictures right in a row. I ran into him in one of the park areas along the … Continue reading
Not sure about the ID on this one. Definitely looks gold-ish, though, doesn’t she?
Another Rottie, for today. They’re not a breed I’ve spent a lot of time with, but I like them. The eyebrows always make them look goofy, and they often seem quite happy to reinforce that opinion by dancing around and … Continue reading
Apparently this guy is a barbet, also known as a ‘French water dog’. That’s the second water dog we’ve had in the last week. Then again, I guess that’s appropriate: it’s been a very wet season here in San Francisco.