Visit the DogBlogStore!
- Adam Lang on Dog of the Day: Greta the Golden Retriever/Toy Poodle Mix
- Kathleen on Dog of the Day: Greta the Golden Retriever/Toy Poodle Mix
- Dolores Harris on Dog of the Day: Jake the St. Bernard/Golden Retriever Mix
- Adam Lang on Dog of the Day: Jake the St. Bernard/Golden Retriever Mix
- Stephen on Dog of the Day: Jake the St. Bernard/Golden Retriever Mix
Tag Archives: Australian Kelpie
No, that’s not a misprint: Kate is a 12-year-old Australian kelpie that came from Australia. How come so many adorable breeds are from Australia, anyway?
Really? American Eskimo dog? If that’s the result of one of those genetic dog scan things, then color me highly skeptical. If it’s knowledge of the dog’s parents, color me surprised. Even without the Eskie, though, kelpie/pharaoh hound is a … Continue reading
Well, this one’s a bit of a puzzle. I ran into her (?) almost a year ago now. In fact, on the same day, I ran into an Australian cattle dog mix named McNabb and a Australian kelpie mix named … Continue reading
All right, so Dixie’s mom checked in in the comments section, and it turns out I got just about everything wrong here. First off, Dixie’s a she. (Which is funny because I could have sworn one of my pictures had… … Continue reading
I ran across this pup in one of my more frequent haunts, the little parklet next to the ball park. My second kelpie there, in fact. Another set of pictures made much more difficult by direct sunlight.
Twins separated slightly before conception? Who knows. But I love the oh-so-similar tongue-lolling look we have here, down to the identical angle their heads are pointing at. They’re very good friends, who see each other on a regular basis, I … Continue reading