We are coming to the end of our ‘ugly dogs’ posts, not because I’m running out of pictures but because I have something else planned for this coming week, and I don’t want to belabor this point too hard. So I’m just going to dump some of the better pictures in here and call it a year. More next year, barring any sudden changes in address, of course!
Visit the DogBlogStore!
- Adam Lang on Dog of the Day: “Puppy” the 10-year-old Husky/Lab/Samoyed/Aussie/Whaaaatever!
- Billy M on Dog of the Day: “Puppy” the 10-year-old Husky/Lab/Samoyed/Aussie/Whaaaatever!
- Adam Lang on Dog of the Year: Trucker the German Shepherd/Rottweiler
- Brenda Cardillo on Dog of the Year: Trucker the German Shepherd/Rottweiler
- Adam Lang on Dog of the Day: Cooper the Border Collie/Flat Coated Retriever Mix
Woofing at Tweeters Since 2012My Tweets
I am Boolah and Isaboo’s mama. The picture of the unidentified dog with Isaboo is Boolah. She’s his doggie mom! Also, I just want to let you know I think my dogs have the time of their lives at the show. We’ve been twice, driving from Idaho. Aside from loving car rides, the longer the better, they enjoy being around excitement and other dogs. The weather is usually better than ours so that’s a plus. If they ever stop having fun, we won’t take them. But I do believe the contest is a wonderful way to draw attention to “homely” dogs that are passed up in shelters. Some people would leave empty handed if there were no “cute” dogs.
Hope this info was helpful!
Heather Wilson =o)
Ah hah! Well, I’m glad you and the pups enjoy it. I have to say, I enjoyed it quite a bit myself, despite the technical difficulties and having to leave so early.
I do really feel for the homely dogs, because I have seen a lot of them in the shelters I’ve visited. I think it’s bad enough that we judge people on appearance, but dogs too? After all, they all cuddle up just the same, right?