Autumn and I both always forget how big these guys actually are, until we run into one. Twix is 14, and quite well-mannered.
Visit the DogBlogStore!
- Adam Lang on Dog of the Day: Cooper the Border Collie/Flat Coated Retriever Mix
- Adam Lang on Dog of the Day: Frannie the Shar-Pei/Golden Retriever Mix
- Dan on Dog of the Day: Frannie the Shar-Pei/Golden Retriever Mix
- Luisa on Dog of the Day: Cooper the Border Collie/Flat Coated Retriever Mix
- Adam Lang on Dog of the Day: Dancer the Golden Retriever/Husky Mix
Woofing at Tweeters Since 2012My Tweets
Wow!- I didn’t even know about the Standard Dachshund breed, Twix is so handsome!
I had a gorgeous black and tan Coonhound girl named Twix, who was with me for many years, and left us at the age of almost 16. She looked a bit like your Twix, these photos really touch my heart.
I can imagine that they’d look quite similar, and in fact I couldn’t tell Twix was a dachshund at all, because I couldn’t see his legs. I’m sorry to hear about your loss, but it sounds like you had an awesome dog for a really long, happy life.
Thank you, Adam! Yep, this Twix looks like he could be a coonhound cross, except he is shorter :-). My Twix was a former lab research dog, then adopted out to a rescue group. She was a wonderful girl and we were so lucky to have found each other. These older dogs are the best..
Such sweethearts! 🙂
You said it. I hope someone very deserving got at least a small part of the meatballs. 🙂