By request, a few pictures of Dexter the Awesome Dog.
Visit the DogBlogStore!
- Adam Lang on Dog of the Day: “Puppy” the 10-year-old Husky/Lab/Samoyed/Aussie/Whaaaatever!
- Billy M on Dog of the Day: “Puppy” the 10-year-old Husky/Lab/Samoyed/Aussie/Whaaaatever!
- Adam Lang on Dog of the Year: Trucker the German Shepherd/Rottweiler
- Brenda Cardillo on Dog of the Year: Trucker the German Shepherd/Rottweiler
- Adam Lang on Dog of the Day: Cooper the Border Collie/Flat Coated Retriever Mix
Woofing at Tweeters Since 2012My Tweets
So Cute! I have a rescue dog, who looks nearly identical and we have been trying to figure out what breed / breeds he is made up of. I think this is a match! Vets always tell us they think a corgi husky mix, but my goodness the similarity between this guy and my fella Hobbes is uncanny!
Well, there’s no way there’s corgi in there… all corgi mixes have short legs, since the gene for short legs is dominant and corgis are homozygous for that gene. (So every offspring will receive at least one copy of the gene and any dog with at least one copy of the gene will have short legs.)
I can see the argument for husky, at least a little bit. But the fur is very ‘golden retriever’ and the tongue and face has a lot of chow, so that’s definitely our guess. Regardless, if he looks anything like Dexter, Hobbes must be a heck of an awesome dog.
Dexter looks exactly like my best friend Buddy, whom pasted away two weeks ago.
I miss him so much, he was with me for eleven years. If any knows where I can find
a Chow / Retriever like Dexter in Ohio I would extremely grateful.
Aww. I wish you the best of luck finding a friend like Buddy, it sounds like he was something special.