A goofy golden with a twisty tail! Supposedly this pup is all golden, but I’ve never seen one with a tail that curly before.
Visit the DogBlogStore!
- Adam Lang on Dog of the Day: “Puppy” the 10-year-old Husky/Lab/Samoyed/Aussie/Whaaaatever!
- Billy M on Dog of the Day: “Puppy” the 10-year-old Husky/Lab/Samoyed/Aussie/Whaaaatever!
- Adam Lang on Dog of the Year: Trucker the German Shepherd/Rottweiler
- Brenda Cardillo on Dog of the Year: Trucker the German Shepherd/Rottweiler
- Adam Lang on Dog of the Day: Cooper the Border Collie/Flat Coated Retriever Mix
Woofing at Tweeters Since 2012My Tweets
Well let me tell you this I have a golden (WATSON) and he has the same curtly tail is that normal? We paid golden price for him?????
It’s absolutely normal for a golden to have a curve to their tail. The breed standard says ‘fairly straight’, and a tail this curly would definitely be considered a ‘fault’, but if I understand these things correctly wouldn’t mean disqualification.
Basically, your pup is (probably, I’ve never met him!) a full-blooded golden retriever, and could be entered into dog shows if you wished to, but probably wouldn’t win first prize for conformation.
I was just being surprised because I’d never seen a tail that curly before. I have since, though.