Today’s post is a good illustration of one of the difficulties of dog park photography. I was just settling down to take some pictures of this lovely pooch, when I was so rudely interrupted. (The breed mix is just a guess, but the more I look at him… Lab coloration, Lab-like tail with a basenji curl, half-up-ears, kind of a similar face… now that I’ve thought of it, I can’t ‘un-see’ it.)
Visit the DogBlogStore!
- Adam Lang on Dog of the Day: “Puppy” the 10-year-old Husky/Lab/Samoyed/Aussie/Whaaaatever!
- Billy M on Dog of the Day: “Puppy” the 10-year-old Husky/Lab/Samoyed/Aussie/Whaaaatever!
- Adam Lang on Dog of the Year: Trucker the German Shepherd/Rottweiler
- Brenda Cardillo on Dog of the Year: Trucker the German Shepherd/Rottweiler
- Adam Lang on Dog of the Day: Cooper the Border Collie/Flat Coated Retriever Mix
Woofing at Tweeters Since 2012My Tweets
I’m surprised you didn’t get slobber all over your lens!
ha! fantastic pug photo bomb
We just adopted a dog and I was trying to figure out what mix she was. She looks a lot like your besenji/lab. Does yours have golden eyes and eyelashes? How much does she weigh?
Well, first off, I’m not sure it’s a basenji/lab… that was just a guess, though I think a pretty good one. Based on the other pictures I took of this dog, I think he (she?) has brown eyes, and I don’t know about the eyelashes.
I have no real idea how much she weighs, but from relative sizes I’d say in the 20-30 lb range. That’s just a guess, however. Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful.
Our pup Shiloh looks very similar. We’ve been trying to figure out what she is too. We were recently told she is a besanji mix. She is completely red with blonde highlights and a very small amount of black in her curly tail. Great dog but very shy with new people and environments. Very loyal mutt!