Just ran into this gorgeous collie recently, down in North Beach. Isn’t that eye amazing?
Visit the DogBlogStore!
- Adam Lang on Dog of the Day: “Puppy” the 10-year-old Husky/Lab/Samoyed/Aussie/Whaaaatever!
- Billy M on Dog of the Day: “Puppy” the 10-year-old Husky/Lab/Samoyed/Aussie/Whaaaatever!
- Adam Lang on Dog of the Year: Trucker the German Shepherd/Rottweiler
- Brenda Cardillo on Dog of the Year: Trucker the German Shepherd/Rottweiler
- Adam Lang on Dog of the Day: Cooper the Border Collie/Flat Coated Retriever Mix
Woofing at Tweeters Since 2012My Tweets
A “Lad a dog”!! – Albert Payson Terhune reference, in case someone doesn’t know.
Funny! I hadn’t run into that book before, but I think I might see if I can get it out of the library next time I’m down there.
In that case, though, you could call those pictures ‘A Glad Man Meets Lad, a Dog’. (My name anagram-izes to ‘A Glad Man’. Not always accurate, but kind of neat.)
I love that – a rhyme and everything. Terhune raised ‘rough collies’ back East – he has a Wiki page – and wrote several books about them, some fiction with the collie and it’s human as the heroes, some non-fiction about his own dogs. I fell in love with collies reading those books. Hope you can find them and you and Autumn enjoy them.